We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Empanadas are one of the most typical dishes in Argentina. SAccording to the area of the country, they are made in one way or another, but the Creoles usually have minced meat, hard-boiled eggs, olives, peppers and one of the star ingredients that make this dish very special: chili.
They can be made both fried and baked, but it is important to take this into account when making or buying the dough, as it will be different. Argentine empanadas are an ideal recipe for a family meal, a birthday or an informal buffet.
- Wafers or empanada covers
- Half a kilo of minced meat
- 1 tablespoon of ground chili
- Half a red pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- Sweet paprika
1. Sauté the finely chopped onion with lard or butter in a frying pan. When it is almost done add a tablespoon of ground chili and stir.
2. Add half a diced red pepper and when it is soft, add the minced meat. Mix everything well and add the cumin, a pinch of paprika and the salt.
3. Remove from the pan and add chopped olives. Meanwhile, cook 2 eggs and then chop them into small pieces. Add the olives and eggs to the rest of the sauce.
4. When cold, fill the lids or wafers. Put the filling in the center of each wafer and fold in half, then, with your fingers, make the shape of the empanada making small folds.
5. Paint the patties with a brush and beaten egg and put in the oven until golden brown. Enjoy them!
You can read more articles similar to Argentine pie. Easy step-by-step recipes, in the category of Argentine Recipes on site.